I need a good diet that will increase my metabolism.

I can't take the meds my MD wants me to take as I am a nursing mother, and I plan to conceive soon, but I do need to lose weight. Is there any kind of diet that will increase my metabolism. FYI--I have a metabolic disorder, I do not burn calories, regardless of how much working out I do.

Gilagirl

Asked by Gilagirl at 1:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• well there are herbal supplements like green tea and theres others like hydroxycut however if your planning to concieve nows not the time to worry about weight loss you are supposed to gain weight while pregnate and dieting while pregnate is not good for the baby i would say chose one or the other but you should definitly talk to a OBGYN if you decide to go on with your plan of both
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 1:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You said you are a nursing mother now? That should pull the weight off really fast!!! Unless you're eating really not good for you foods!!!! But if you eat bad for you foods and nurse, your baby will not be satisfied and you will suffer!!!!
    Go to the second hand book store and purchase a book on being healthy during pregnancy!!
    Get a notebook, keep notes and work at it. It will happen for you.
    Good Luck
    vstarwoman

Answer by vstarwoman at 10:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• monavie is perfect for increasing metabolism and giving complete nutrition for preparing the body for pregnancy. 100% natural whole food juice; My best friend drank it before and through her entire pregnancy. I can ask her for more details if you like -
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I eat just fine, really well and healthy. The problem is that I do have a diagnosed metabolic disorder, so regardless of what I do, I do not burn many calories at all. I just can't without medication, and I don't fee comfortable taking meds right now.

I will try the acai juice, you never know!
    Gilagirl

Answer by Gilagirl at 9:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2008