Christian under Obama

Do you think Christian persecution will get worse in this country since it seem the U.S. is moving left?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think things will change for Christians. I think we must pray for President Elect Obama as we are instructed to do according to the bible. I do think there will be persecution... we now have a democratic president, congress, and a liberal supreme court. Yes, he does say he's a Christian, however many of his policies go against what the bible says. A Christian is a follower of Christ.. as a follower of Christ you obey God's word.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• ????
    Obama is a Christian...is he going to persecute himself or something?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yes, but not because it's Obamas fault. Simply because we are living in the last days and revelation makes it clear that is what is to take place. The saem would probably happen under McCain as well
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No, it won't.

Good "left" people are actually tolerant of all religions. Yes, there are those who are close-minded, but that's not really a "left" idea. Don't worry about your religion, it's not going to go anywhere.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Obama is a "christian" yes, however, things may change for things may not always be what they seem. Only God knows President Elect Barack Obama's heart and what he plans to do for America. There will be change and it will suprise those that voted for him. As Christians it is our duty to pray for our leaders and to bless them no matter what. God isn't finished with America yet!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Soon we will look just like Europe!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I hope so!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Well Christianity is low in Europe now and Islam is on the rise. Well, Christianity is deceresing in Europe. Last time I was over there it was noticeable how many former churches were now restaurants and museums. Islam is on the rise over there, and to an extent the government is bowing to it. So I guess if the U.S. is going to be like Europe that is alarming for you if you are a Christian.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I can't stand how christians think that they are the best religion out. CHristians are so self rightous, get over it . If you are strong in your faith who cares what anyone believes around you or in your country . Obama is christian. News flash christianity is the youngest religion....
    giovannismom01

Answer by giovannismom01 at 2:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• bon 777 i totally agree.  it is refreshing to hear!

thewife1

Answer by thewife1 at 2:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2008