How do you know if you are leaking protien into your urine!? a little TMI

I'm almost 33 weeks pregnant and my urine has somewhat of a strange smell to it. I was just wondering what this could be. My doctor doesn't do a urine sample every time I'm in, which I think is some what strange. When I was pregnant with my daughter they did a urine sample with every visit. How do you know if your leaking protein into your urine. If you are what does this mean?

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• odor to the urine is often from something you have eaten or drank. Asparagus is a common example. You don't know if there's protein in the urine without doing the test for it. Ask the doc next time you are there why they aren't doing it.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010