For the more mature ladies

If your husband were to leave you, you get divorced for whatever reason or he dies...would you remarry?

I'm 45 and been married for almost 21 years and this idiot decided to have an affair last year for the first time in 19 years with a women that makes me look like a movie start, I think that's what hurts most. Seems the older he gets, the dumber he gets. Anyhow, with that said...NO...I would not remarry! Not only that but I won't tolerate the slightest...SLIGHTEST annoyance or imperfection from any man that comes into my life. I'm going to buy stock in Trojan Condoms and try for the title of "World Most Whorish Cougar" and if he's married and tries to come on to me, I'll act interested, get his number...locate his personal information and tell his wife.

PLEASE NO RESPONSES ON HOW I'M A NUT JOB...HOW THIS IS WRONG OF ME, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. READ THE QUESTION AND ANSWER ONLY IF IT APPLIES TO YOU...THANK YOU!!

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• lmfao...OP, you are officially my favorite person on CM. i think you just may have life figured out.....to answer your question, i'm only 26 but was married for 5 1/2yrs and have been divorced for 4. i started a relationship with my current SO a few months after the divorce and we have basically lived as a married couple for 3yrs. i'm debating as to wether or not i want to marry again because if i did it would only be to my current SO. if for some reason we dont work out, i will DEFINATELY never remarry...in fact, i have seriously considered becoming a lesbian and having a few guys as friends with benefits when i miss the touch of a man....you've spent enough of your life pleasing other people, its time to do what makes YOU happy!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Only if he sweeps me of f my feet and is younger than me!

Answer by older at 5:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• ah...no I probably wouldn't remarry if I got divorced, because I've already been divorced once and I just don't think a third marriage would be a good idea. I'd probably just be with someone until the infatuation stage ended and then find someone else.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I don't think I would, but I've thought that before.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm 57 and if (God forbid) something happened to my Hubby I would definetaly NOT re-marry. Actually at this stage of the game I don't think I would even date! You,on the other hand,are young yet~~enjoy life......cause it's too short :)
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 5:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• You are not off base at all. I am single (after a 20 year marriage - we are still friends) and have been in a relationship for 4 years but I have ABSOLUTELY no intention of marrying EVER, EVER again. There are numerous financial reasons for the most part. But why, I don't plan on getting pregnant (which I could reasonably foresee as the only reason to remarry).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i too am 45
    i was married- no children - he cheated
    was with a man for five years- had my beautiful daughter - he turned out he is a sexual freak

yes, i would marry, i am hoping that all great things come to those that wait
    I deserve one of those rare man who are descent down to their core

if you see him, please tell him that i am waiting
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Haha that's awesome. Id probably remarry cause I'm not the alone type. I for one think your a genius and not a nut job by any means gl
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 5:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I don't know but I do know I wouldn't turn into a whore. Being betrayed by a man doesn't make spreading your legs for every man that walks by ok.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I've been divorced for 18 years. Would I remarry? Yes. At least I thought I would. But I haven't found anyone I trust, probably because of that failed relationship. For me, there's still hope. I think God might have to throw a rock on my head, and have me wake up in the ER looking into the eyes of the guy I'm supposed to be with, because I can't "find" him by myself!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2010