now your a mommy ..

is there anything that you can't do now that you could before you were a mommy?

san78

Asked by san78 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• its not always about what you cant do, its about what you CAN do now. You now have super sonic hearing to hear when your child needs you, you become the "mom" of your friends and the best advice giver, you become more aware of others emotions around you, you are able to detect lies better, you learn to cook better meals, sleep on a limited number of hours and function as if you got a full nights sleep, predict the future by putting things away that you know (somehow) they can get and hurt themselves on, you are suddenly aware of more germs than ever before, and various other abilities. LOL! Every chapter in your life means that you have to leave something behind in order to gain something more special. Never look back on what you could've done or who youe would've been, but instead, what you can do now and who you will become!
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 8:53 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Sleep in, go out anytime, fit into my skinny jeans, lots of things...
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• yeah, sit ups. LOL. Read a whole book, watch a whole movie, play a card or board game without interruption. Eat ANYTHING without having to share. Leave the house without taking half of it with me in the diaper bag. Sleep whenever I want to or spend all day boinking my DH. All things I can no longer do now that I'm a mommy, but mostly...I don't mind. :)
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• sure, lots of things. i cant go out and party whenever i please, cant make plans on a whim because i have to work around my kids' schedules, have to put my education on hold til they're in kindergarten, can't walk the house naked..

but all of these things i have gladly sacrificed to be where i am today. my life would be nothing without them. all 3 of them bring something special and exciting to our family.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Sleep in. Go to school full time. Get any job I want, because of day care issues. Have sex with DH anytime I want. Run errands all day long. Lots of stuff. But he's totally worth it!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Wear a bikini
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2010