I'm so mean.

I pulled the couch out to try and find a remote and found 3 MILLION toys. I told my kids they had 20 min to get them to their rooms or I was throwing them away. DS is done and DD may be loosing quite a few toys... SO how mean am I! lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do it all the time with the toys they leave scattered all over the house. I tell them to pick them up twice, if i have to do it, they go in the trash.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 5:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• that's not mean, i've done the same thing. when my daughter refused to clean up her toys i put them all in a trashbag to make her think i was throwing them away. she cleans up now when asked.. lol (and yes i took the toys back out and didn't really throw them out)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Oh I throw them out lol. I start ith the piddly stuff I'm not sorry to see go. Old Highlights, fast food toys, trinkets from the dollar store... then I move up to small things like match box cars and plastic jewelry. By then they figure I am serious.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• LOL my mom did that to me when I was a kid because my room was a STY. They would come in and start shoveling the contents of the floor into garbage bags.....I can't say that it ever fazed me enough to make me clean my room when told.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Baaaad mommy! hahah Put them in toy jail (in a box they can't reach) and when things tone down after Christmas bring out the box when they are especially good.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Donate the stuff to the Thift Store, and make your kids go with you when you drop it off. Has more impact.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My mom did the same thing. It taught us to put things in our room

Answer by admckenzie at 5:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Not mean at all!!! Thats just good parenting : ) lol!
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2010