HELP!!

My son woke up this morning with a trail of 4 red dots. He hasn't ran a fever or been any different in behavior. He laid down for nap and two more are there in the same trail?! How do I know if its a bug bite or chicken pox? I am a lil worried b/c I had a friend whose sone had the chicken pox prob 4 months ago and they started out in the same kind of trail like pattern. Please some one help me! i dont know what to do....do I just take him to dr, or wait it out?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If, your not sure what it is and take him to the doctor, rather be safe then finding out its something bad.
    Army108th

Answer by Army108th at 5:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• thank you...forgot to mention in my post that my son is 22 months old too.
    leann74016

Comment by leann74016 (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Do they look like little watery blisters?

My sons both had the chicken pox. They never had a trail, but each child is different. The first's started with cold like symptoms and a slight fever, he had the spots the next morning. And I just knew somehow, even though I hadn't seen a chicken pock in about 30 years.

My younger son (who wasn't even conceived when the first had it) started out in pairs of red marks. We called them vampire kisses and it made giggle. Sure enough the blister effect and fever came shortly after.

Not know what time it is where you are, if he is feeling fine, it can probably wait until Friday. They can't really do anything but diagnose, report it to the health department, give tylenol/ibuprofen, oatmeal baths and calamine lotion.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Dr.! Most def!! Sorry about that and I hope he gets better.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• go to the doctor u shouldnt even have to ask
    jomama2467

Answer by jomama2467 at 7:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2010