Uh oh, now what do I do?

My son has autism and takes medications. He is going to his Dad's tonight for a long weekend. I was putting his pills in the pill case and one dropped to the counter. I went to pick it up and it wasn't there. I looked on the floor, on the counter, everywhere. I don't know if the dog ate it or where it went. I've been looking this this thing for an hour now. I don't want the 18 month old to find it and put it in his mouth. I have him gated do he can't get into the dining room or the kitchen. The pill is a .5mg Risperdal. Any ideas of how to look for it? I don't want to just assume the dog ate it (the dog eats anything), but I don't feel comfortable knowing that it could be out there and he could get it.

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• And the real kicker is--they just changed the pill. It is now the tiniest freaking pill you have even seen. I've been on my hands and knees with a flashlight looking for this thing.
    layh41407

Comment by layh41407 (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• sweep, vacuum, wipe with a wet paper towel so it will stick to it. Just ideas...........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Thank you. That is what I've been doing since I posted. I was hoping to find it, but I haven't. So now I'm and just cleaning EVERYTHING. I've done the kitchen and the dining room so far, moving EVERYTHING. I'm taking a quick break and i will be doing the living room next. I don't know how it would have gotten in there, but I'm not taking any chances. I've already moved the sofa and the love seat and swept under there, but nothing.
    I'm about ready to assume the dog ate it.
    layh41407

Comment by layh41407 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2010