can you feed a 4 month old

baby cereal yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes that is the age you start your baby on cereal but dont stop the bottle
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 1:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• thank you for your answer honey i just didn't know and thought i would check thanks sweetie
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Start with rice tho, its the easiest on the belly :) and definetly dont stop the bottle or boob!!
    SummerHolloway

Answer by SummerHolloway at 1:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• does it matter what kind of rice?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i dont think there are diffrent kind of rice cerel (besides brand) i would suggest gerber though
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 1:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I put the cereal into the bottle. Not a lot just a little. She loves it. I also started giving her bitter biscuts in the little net thing. She just sits and chews on it. She feel asleep with eating it the other day.
    QTMamma01

Answer by QTMamma01 at 8:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• IMO I would not start cereal until 6 months when tehir bellies are a little more advanced....if you start at 4 month you might be on here again wondering why your baby is constipated....I have seen it. Boob or formula for 6 months is my honest answer. Oatmeal is easier to digest than rice. Rice is just a filler.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You can do whatever you feel is best, but the current recommendation by the AAP is nothing other then breasmilk or formula for at least the first 6 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2008