what is the correct age to start potty training?

Verna N.

Asked by Verna N. at 5:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• 2.5 - 3.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• When there is an awareness of body functions (you will know).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My daughter was fascinated with the potty. We got her a potty and she would sit on it when we were in the bathroom. One day I went to pick her up from preschool and her teacher asked me to bring some panties. It kinda just went from there. I think she was about 2-2.5
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 5:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• We did the 3 day method, which recommends 22 months. We did it around 25 months with great success (boy). Every family is different, and you just have to do it when the timing is right for your family. I say, the sooner the better. We were really happy with the 3 day method.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• There is no right time. I had my twins using the potty at 15 months, my youngest wasn't ready until he was 2.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 6:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Depends on the child. My son potty trained himself at 3 years on his own in days. I say when they are ready. My son was ready then.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Google "toilet training readiness" and you'll see some good info
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• every child is different. When they are ready they will start showing you signs that they are ready by: being interested in the potty, telling you that they already went pee or poo, wanting to be in the bathroom with you when you go, and wanting to wear underpants. Potty training can take days or months. Each child has their own time table as to when they are ready and how long it takes to get the hang of things. Just remember that.
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 8:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• usually between 2.5 and 3.....but it's important to wait until the child is ready.
    Denise859

Answer by Denise859 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Thank you for all answers ,I just wasnt to sure,now i would look for signs of readiness
    COCOAPOD

Comment by COCOAPOD (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2010