Do you believe there are FEMA camps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe there is convincing evidence for them, and that Glenn Beck did a shoddy job of "debunking" them
    Anonymous

• I haven't looked into them much. I have only seen them on an episode of conspiracy theory. I meant to look up some more info after that but just forgot. So the jury is out. I don't watch Glen Beck so no idea what he says on the subject lol
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 5:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yeah, of course... Who would believe there weren't?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Ok, I googled it. I didn't see one article that was from an organization or website I recognized and I looked at 3 pages. Well, the huffington post was there, but she hasn't convinced me she is impartial to anything. If the FEMA camps are real, then we need to do something. If they are an urban myth, then we need to do something.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think it's completely possible and I don't watch Glenn Beck. I heard of Rex 84 a few years ago and looked into it more.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think there can be as well. I haven't heard anything from Glenn Beck on it, but I need to go listen. He always makes a convincing point.

Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Glen Beck debunked it. I think there are some areas set up for emergency refugees.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I believe there are FEMA camps in existence that are adjunct to KNOWN military bases, but unlike what conspiracy theorists believe, they are not designed to hold American citizens for the heck of it! I believe they are designed to contain enemy combatants, to provide emergency needs and temporarily house citizens in the event of a natural disaster, terrorist attack or large scale viral outbreak--hence the reason they are located at military bases--you know among the people TRAINED to handle such emergencies?!

If I felt that my government could/would round up innocent American citizens for the purpose of exerting its power over the people, I would be looking for a new country (or my own little tropical island) to reside in/on!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• they are designed to contain enemy combatants

The problem is with what they consider "enemy combatant." The DHS put out a report last year indicating that domestic terrorist profiles included Constitutionalists, 2nd Amendment supporters, anti-abortion supporters, people who fly the Gadsden flag (Don't Tread on me) and supporters of Ron Paul and Chuck Baldwin (they were named specifically). That is why these FEMA camps are so alarming. Supporters of limited government are being singled out as possible domestic terrorists.

And as for Glenn Beck ... the problem with his story was that 1) he "debunked" a camp that had ALREADY been debunked by FEMA camp conspiracy theorists. (This is the one in N. Korea). 2) another one he "debunked' as property owned by Amtrack. The problem is that he failed to connect Amtrack with the government (which they are) and guess how the Nazis transported Jews to the internment camps? By train. 3) ...
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• ... he only "debunked" 3 locations and there are hundreds rumored to exist. In order to fully debunk the FEMA camp theory, he'd have to address each location.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2010