Do your children have good manners?

Do they say 'Please' and' Thank You'?

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 5:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I hate to say it - but no - even though I tried to drill it into them.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• yes my 2 and 4 year old do say it. im still working on it with the 2 year old, she'll demand something but when i say "what do you say?" she'll say please and she always says thank you after getting whatever it was she wanted. my 4 year old is great and always says her pleases and thank you's without being told to do so. i started saying it when they were very little, having them repeat it and such. it has worked so far =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Not 100%, but DS is pretty good with it. He's very good about "No, thank you." The rest sometimes requires prompting ("What do you say?")
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Good manners go far beyond please and thank you, IMO. My 5 year old still needs to be reminded sometimes to use please and thank you, but generally has very good manners.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 5:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I get compliments on my kids' manners all the time.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 5:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Mine are older now but I would hope they still have good manners. DH and I also got compliments on how well behaved and courteous our children were.

tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes, and I don't honestly know where they come from... lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• my son is getting better with his manners, but he is only 2. we hardly ever have to promt for please, he has that one down
    Joesiahsmommy

Answer by Joesiahsmommy at 7:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Since 18 months she has said Please, Thank you and you're welcome.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Yes one of my kids frst words is ALWAYS Thank you " san su" lol they say yes maam no maam/ sir please and thank yopu, and address all adults as mr. or miss and their first name ALWAYS! They are expected to sy excuse me and I am sorry if they hit someone on accident...etc. As a military family it would be highly embarrassing if they did not have great manners!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2010