Can your child(ren) play a musical instrument?

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 5:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• The older 2 can play piano, the 3rd is just beginning on piano. My oldest is also now taking guitar lessons.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• not yet, but my hubby owns several guitars and will let our kids experiment with them. both of us were in band together in highschool, we both could play several instruments and both tought ourselves how to do it. i think we both have some musical gene in us that we hopefully passed down to our children =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• DS is only 2, so not yet, but I played several instruments as a kid, and I want him to, so we have toy drums and maracas and such, and we dance and sing together.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My oldest plays flute and has a guitar that we will be getting him lessons for in the spring.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Both of my children take piano lessons, my husband teaches my oldest son trumpet, and my youngest son is getting a saxophone for Christmas ( and the rest of us are getting ear plugs, LOL!!)
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010