• In the Spotlight:

Stomach flu question

If my son and 5 other people that have been in my house in the last 4 days have throwen up am i considerd contagious? Or only if ive throwen up? This flu is spreading like wild fir but my other son, husband and i havent gotten it yet. The first person to get sick was on sunday. We have thanksgiving thursday friday saturday and sunday and im really puzzled as to whether we should go to any of them or not. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Health

• Wow, that's a hard one. I am sorry that I can't help you. I do know that it is entirely possible for that stomach thing to completely miss people....you may well be completely fine. There's no real way to know. I would think instead about the relationships you have with all the people you will be visiting, and if you are afraid to get great-grandma sick, stay away from there, or if someone insists you come and you all feel fine, you might as well try it. There's just no real answer.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• if you've been exposed there is a possibility that you are contageous. i would suggest staying home if you are worried about spreading it.
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• YES. 7 to 14 days, but the first 7 has the highest transmission rates. It's viral. You may not feel sick now but you are not out of the woods yet. Keep your hands washed. Wash every touchable surface. Don't share cups, straws, forks, spoons or plates. Bleach the toilet bowl and seat.

Chances are you could give it to them, especially if anyone in your house is still currently sick. Currently sick means still transmittable. It would be better to consider yourself a carrier and quarantine the house. No visitors and no visiting.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2010