Can we stop calling people trolls???

Can't we stop putting down other moms? If you dont agree with a post DONT SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let people who want to help and not bash answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• A troll is when someone posts something that seems to be made up to start controversy. Its usually a lie and someone is just calling them out on it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• A troll isn't a CM thing, a troll is an internet thing. Unless you plan to censor the entire internet, you need to learn to deal.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• How can you really tell anyway.And why not just ignore? The only time I reply to a Troll or a rude person is if they attack me or others or bash my opinions .I try to ignore them. Usually they post something really dumb or rude....they are annoyances.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• There are people in here that are a complete sham, those are the trolls. And seriously, we had one in here about a week ago who posted something about how proud she was to have had 8 abortions and how good they felt and how it avoided having another parasite in this world...blah, blah, blah. NOW COME ON!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I only call people trolls when I'm pretty sure that's what they are. In other words, they're full of BS and making up posts to try and start drama, not because they're an actual mom with a real situation, needing advice. I think some of the troll posts here are hilarious.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Who cares? It's just a title. If someone needs to post crap for attention, so be it. Life must be pretty boring.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I agree. I've been guilty of calling a troll a troll at least once. Luckily I was right that time, but I've seen other posters get called trolls, agreed and said nothing and it turned out not to be so. It's made me twice shy calling someone a troll. Lately, don't know if it's the stress of the season or what, but many moms up here are calling others trolls for non-trollish questions and answers. It's as bad as bashing anons. It's flat out abusive. It's fine to disagree but to tear into someone because you think there is motive, unproven and call names is just abusive.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I agree. It seems like people are too quick to judge people as trolls, especially new members. Those new members are probably scared away. Honestly, I think a lot of the so called troll questions are either someone trying to have a little fun or someone who is a complete idiot and really doesn't know the answer to what they are asking about.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 25, 2010