WE'RE MARRIED FOR 13 YRS,AND MY STEPDAUGHTER DIDN'T INVITE ME TOHER WEDDING

BECAUSE HER MOTHER WILL BE THERE(MY HUSBAND'S EX), I'M REALLY HURT, I WORK A LOT AND WE HELP A LOT TO MY CHILD AND MY HUSBAND'S CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN EQUALLY, BUT AFTER THAT WEDDING I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE MYSELF, I EVEN WONTED TO DEVORCE HIM BECAUSE HE DOESN'T STAND UP FOR ME. PLEASE HELP

LACKA

Asked by LACKA at 6:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry. Is it too late for your husband to talk this over with her and see where it goes? Would there be big problems if you and the ex were there? Everyone should be able to be adults and behave themselves for that one day.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• hugs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• That would be very hurtful. I do think your husband needs to speak up and tell his daughter that your are his wife, and you should be invited as well. It is very petty, childish and mean of her to exclude you. Has the mom re-married and is her spouse invited? I would think that everyone would be adult enough to suck up any ill-feelings toward each other for one day, and let the focus be on the daughter and her wedding.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• That is F*ed up! I agree, it is a childish act. If I am not wanted somewhere I come to terms with it and decide I don't really want to be there. I don't know why adults behave like 2 year olds. IMO she should no be getting married if she can't put her big girl panties on and get over whatever her beef is.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 7:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• unless your dh left her for you, then you have every right to be pissed....however, if your dh cheated on her mom with you or left her mom for you, then the bride is right.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Well perhaps her mother is more immature and selffish? I don't know what to tell you. Is her father paying for any part of the wedding? Could you call her your self? Just to talk? Your an adult and you can talk to his adult child. I would assume you have a relationship with her.
    Good luck and I am sorry.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I know that it hurts you. And I feel you should be included. If this were any other situation I would advise your dh not go. But this being his daughter's wedding he should be there. I think it's a shame the mother isn't mature enough to deal with the two of you being present. Your dh should go and attend the wedding and leave immediately after, no reception. If asked why he should say that he wants to get home to you. It would be nice if he could explain to his dd that he's not comfortable with you not being invited. I assume he's ok with the arrangements is why you are angry with him. I would be hurt if my dh didn't try to stand up for me. I certainly would never do anything for her again. This is so wrong.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2010