Bleeding behind placenta?

I found out that there is some bleeding behind the placenta. Has anyone else experienced this? And did you carry to term? The placenta is high, and toward my back, so there is no previa. The doctor said that this is why I was bleeding. He told me not to worry too much, but HELLO! I am a woman, and women worry!

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 6:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had bleeding like this at 9 weeks or so. Mine was caused by the fact that I am RH negative and had a miscarriage prior to my pregnancy I did not know about. They gave me the Rogham shot at 9 weeks and the bleeding stopped and eventually the blood went away. I was told the biggest worry with bleeding like that is placental abruption which is when the placenta separates from the wall of the uterus. I was also told as long as the area the blood takes up is not larger than the baby's size you shouldn't miscarry (and even if it is larger it can still be just fine). I carried my daughter to term no issues. If the doctor isn't worried I would try not to either. I KNOW how hard it is though!!! Just take it as easy as possible and if you notice bleeding like your period call the doctor. Most likely it will be just fine : )
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• How far along are you?
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• 10 weeks 1 day
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2010