So my uncle just left a big sappy message on my cousins facebook page.....

"Happy Thanksgiving to you my favorite niece!! Wish everyone a Happy Turkey Day and give grandma a big ole hug for me! Love ya"

AND he didn't say shit to me and this is not the first time he's done similar shit!
My feelings are hurt......

SO do you think its meant to be hurtful towards me his only other niece OR am I reading into it???

LadyofIvory

Asked by LadyofIvory at 6:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I am an Aunt many times over and I will tell my nephews or nieces that they are my favorite and I love ya. In all honesty it is just my way of saying "your special". So don't get hurt he was just thinking of how much he appreciates having family.
    Your my favorite niece and I love you. Have a happy turkey day honey. love ya Auntie M.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Maybe he has a closer relationship to your cousin then you do. If he's done this before why do you even have him on your facebook? Just remove him and you wont have to see his messages
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I don't know if he was serious about her being 'favorite' or if he was joking ... BUT I can see how it would be hurtful to you to see that. I have an Aunt like that, she deliberately ignores me and she makes it a point to send things to my sis instead of me (she is doing it to 'punish' me and holding a grudge from a random comment i made 2 years ago). I figure since she is trying to hurt me and snub me on purpose-- I don't need her 'drama' and it is HER loss! I deleted and blocked her from my facebook and I am much happier with her out of my life!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Let it go. Write to him and tell him that you are thinking of him on this Thanksgiving.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I say you're reading too much into it.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• seems like they have a close relationship.. i wouldnt worry to much about it.. i see it around my family too but its no biggie..

a friend wrote me a big nice, beautiful thanksgiving note on my wall.... and wrote "hope u have a happy thanksgiving" on her brothers wall..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2010