Do women go bald???

I'm 34 yrs old and my hair is thinning.How likely is that women can go bald?I have had a hysterecyomy but I still have my ovaries and I've had all sorts of blood tests run and they come back fine and went to a dermotologist and that was fine too.I'm scared of going bald and losing my hair.

alisha34886

Asked by alisha34886 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Health

• Women do have thinning hair problems just like men. it's just not as common.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• We don't go completely bald. Usually its just the whole top of our head at worst.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• yes
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes, women can and do sometimes go bald. Like with men it's a hormonal imbalance. Women who go through early menopause, have a hysterectomy early prior to menopause, or take hormonal replacements, therapies or birth control have a higher chance of going bald. But there are other things such as genetics, thyroid disorders and nutrition which can also cause female pattern baldness as well.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes, women go bald. Thinning hair can be caused by a multitude of things from illness to diet to medications, but actual balding is related to age and genetics, nothing can stop that train. I'm in the same boat. I'm 48, used to have luxurious long thick hair. Not anymore! It's still long but thinning and fast! Two of my three sisters lost their hair after having hysterectomys. (spelling?) And then we are genetically prone to going bald anyway. I haven't found a way to stop it yet but if I do I'll be sure to post the info. here!
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 7:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• arreata(?) alopecia, thinning in the crown and a horseshoe shape even in women. some women just go bald, like men
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2010