Speaking of racism...

I remember a guy at school getting into trouble for saying "nigga" to a black guy. Well what about when other races call us crackers, rednecks and other names like that? Is it still racist? I just don't understand why one would get in trouble for saying nigga and another get in trouble for cracker or whatever... No bashing please, this is an honest question.

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 1:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• The "n"-word really is worse.

And i would rather be called a redneck and cracker than a nazi bitch. Thats what people (2 americans) called me, just because I'm german. :( That hurts really bad. Because i would rather kill myself than being a supporter for this part of my countries history... if you know what i mean.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Personally, I don't find cracker, redneck, honkey, whitey, or anything else said to be racist. It doesn't bother me. I don't understand black people calling other black people "niggas" but to each their own.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 1:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I'm white and I think the n word is a million times worse than the others, because of the history behind it........... but none are appropriate......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I agree it's all the same thing, it's putting one set of ppl into a group and that is wrong period, but no I dont think others see it that way
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i think the N word is worse than cracker honkey redneck etc. BUT i agree..

racism should be wrong no matter who is delivering the racist message.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I guess I should say then, redneck hurts my feelings really bad, I grew up on a ranch and people automatically thought it meant I was a stupid, inbred, okie. I was reminded of it ALLL the time.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I would be proud to be called a redneck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• no i hear you.... i was born in the south and get that all the time.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I think it is a two way avenue, Blacks and whites need to stop the namecalling crap. It ridiculios and childish. Yeah the n word has mean spirited history but guess what so do the racist slurs they use for us.
    twototsmom

Answer by twototsmom at 1:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I see the double standard too--and don't get it! Why is it so wrong to use the "N" word (not that I would--it's such a disgusting word) yet anyone can use the term "white trash"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2008