Mormon Weddings

There was a question yesterday that kind of got me curious. The question has been closed so. here goes:
What goes on at a Morman temple wedding that they would forbid the childs mother from attending?
Since no other religion forbids or decriminates against those of other faiths to attend weddings in their faith.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• BTW: If you don't believe they're really secretive, just try asking a mormon about the temple ceremonies. I asked my mother's home teacher about what my father had said about the hand gestures and the home teacher told me he "wasn't allowed to talk about that." And did you know about their special underwear? lol.
    aeon_elyse

Answer by aeon_elyse at 10:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• In order to enter a Mormon temple you have to have a temple recommend. To get this you have to have an interview with a bishop who will deem you worthy. If a Mormon wants to get married outside of the temple (in a church) any one can attend.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Nothing crazy or weird goes on. It is a SACRED event, not SECRET. There is not meant to be discrimination of who is allowed in and who isn't. A Temple marriage is one of the most sacred covenants made between a husband, wife, and God. Only those worthy to enter the Temple are able to attend. This may not be something you can understand, but you should be happy for your son/daughter. She/He is doing what she/he feels is best for their family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Sounds chillingly secertive, what are they hiding? I did hear they have beds in there to consemate the marriage. They found one at that Temple in TX last summer. Weird.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• In what temple in Texas?

jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You have got to be kidding anon!! The Temple in Texas you are refering to was NOT a Mormon Temple. It was a temple of a church that broke away from the Mormon church a long, long time ago. Don't spread lies. If you are going to say something get your facts straight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Only those who are WORTHY!
    Sounds to me she would be worthy by giving her child life.
    I would think twice before I would join anything that would excuid the very people who raised me.
    I am sorry I am pretty tolerent of all religions but you can excuse anything by saying it is sacred! Sorry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Worthiness has nothing to do with family relations. Being someone's mother doesn't automatically make you a good person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You deliberatly didn't answer the question. What goes on in there that has to be kept so private that the child's parent cannot attend? If it is indeed sacred, wouldn't God want the family of the child there to witness it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• What answer do you want? The man and woman say I do. They promise to be faithful to each other for all eternity. Are you expecting horns, blood, and jump roping? I am positive that God and everyone else wants the whole family to witness the sacred event. It would be best if you talked with your child and educated yourself on the situation. I can guarentee you asking a bunch of moms online is not the best answer. I do not know everything, nor do I claim to. You should ask someone who does know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2008