Water Broke?

I have woke up twice tonight so far, with my bed wet. (completely embarassing). I got up both times, (within about 30 mins apart I'm guessing) to goto the bathroom and "urinated" like I normally would. I just did so, and I still need to go apparently! I can hold it back if I really try, but it seems it just wants to come out on its own. I'm also getting some minor pains in my stomach. I'm 35 weeks and 5 days. Is it possible my water broke? I have no ride to the hospital so a ambulance is my only way there, and I don't want to use it for thinking my water broke when it didn't. Is it safe to wait until the morning if I'm not in terrible pain, just to be sure it really did?

Smexkitten

Asked by Smexkitten at 1:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I really think your water broke. This may sound gross, but my Dr told me, that if I thought my water broke to smell it. It will smell kind of sweet instead of like urine. If you water did break you shouldn't wait. Just smell it, and head to the hospital. Good luck!
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• you are probably peeing yourself....i have the same problem - im 36 wks. i have the wierdest pee dreams since i got prego - going in wierd places and wake up about to burst. however, they say that if it smells sweet and you are still dripping then it is your water breaking.....good luck!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• are you having contractions and/or bleeding? if so time it see how far apart they are and call your doc.
    or it could be that your baby is on your bladder and you feel like you have to go all the time that was the case with me and your just leaking.
    Keolalani

Answer by Keolalani at 1:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• well when your water breaks your body still produces ambiotic lfuid so if it is a constant flow then yes it is definitly your water dont go back to bed untill your sure its not wait a while when your water breaks contractions get more intense
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 1:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• maybe call a cab. If you don't have insurance, itll be cheaper in the end. I went to the hospital at least twice thinking my water broke when it didn't. It was just the baby stomping on my bladder. It was pretty embarassing cuz that "water" was really urine, but you're always better safe than sorry. If you wait, you could possibly get an infection or go into a "dry labor". With my first, my water broke and I didn't have a single contraction until they gave me the pitocin. With the second, I kept waiting for my water to break and had to have my water broken for me more than halfway into my labor. So you never know. Try calling someone to take you if you keep leaking. Maybe wear a panty liner and try to tell if its urine or not. Good luck and I wish you the best!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:03 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I did the same thing, except my doc said it was my mucas plug liquifying and gushing out, and it as alot their. If you start contracting regularly then go but other wise try to get some rest
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 2:03 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I was in the hospital the last three days because I was having contractions. However, the contractions at the time didn't bother me at all when I went in. They put me on mag and a pill. for 3 days then sent me home today. Ever since then if I am having contractions they don't feel the same as before. Last time I could feel my stomach get tight, and now I just get this weird aching feeling. I'm not bleeding, and I guess really can't tell if I'm contracting at the moment. I think I'm going to wait it out until the morning. I hope that's okay to do? >_
    Smexkitten

Answer by Smexkitten at 2:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Have you lost your mucus plug yet? Thats a huge indicator that you are in labor. However you may have already lost it, and just not noticed. If thats the case and your water broke- I would in no way wait till morning. Is there anyone at all that you could call to take you? You don't want to be in active labor full speed all by yourself if you don't make it to morning.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• After mine broke, I waited over a week to start contractions. It really depends on what's going on. Is your baby engaged, head-down, do you have a fever, is there odor with the fluid?
    *Nothing goes inside if your water has broken: no vaginal exams, intercourse, or tampons.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2008