Any ideas on what more I should do?

My 11 year old son has autism and takes medications. He is going to his Dad's tonight for a long weekend. I was putting his pills in the pill case and one dropped to the counter. I went to pick it up and it wasn't there. I looked on the floor, on the counter, everywhere. I don't know if the dog ate it or where it went. I don't want the 18 month old to find it and put it in his mouth. I have him gated do he can't get into the dining room or the kitchen. The pill is a .5mg Risperdal.
I looked for it for over an hour on my hands and knees with a flashlight. I then swept with a broom hoping to find it. My husband even got on the floor to help look. I am now cleaning very throughly, moving ALL furniture and area rugs in the process.
I am about ready to assume the dog ate it, but I hate to assume.
But any other ideas of what more I should do to make sure it's not there for the 18 month old to find?

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Did it go down the drain?
    NDNichol

Answer by NDNichol at 8:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• call poison control just to ask what to do or signs if anything happens
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 8:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2010