For a cherry pie recipe....

I'm using the 2 pie crust by Pillsbury...I got the canned cherries in syrup too. Can I just pour them onto the pie crust then put the second crust on top??

I'm looking at websites and its saying I gotta add stuff and I don't have all that! Lol.

Will it still taste right if I only do that??

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• don't they have a recipe on the back of the cherries? did you get the cherry pie filling? or just canned cherries? pie filling is good to go....canned cherries are just an ingredient you would use to make the filling (you would need to put some kind of thickner in there for them)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• OHHH haha..yes its the cherry pie filling. Thank goodness!! I am not the best cook so I don't know these things. Thank u so much!!
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Canned cherries in syrup wouldn't be thick enough. Drain off the syrup into a bowl and add a couple tablespoons of flour and whisk it around until blended, then add the mixture to the cherries in the pie crust. I suspect that you won't really have enough cherries for a pie though, unless you have two cans? If you don't then use what you have, and if it doesn't seem like enough, you can add some other fruit, too, or just use the bottom crust and fold it over into a tart.

Answer by Bmat at 7:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• OK, I see that you do have the pie filling. Then all you need to do is to dump it into the crust. :)