How did your husband propose to you?

My husband proposed to me while we were standing in the doorway with the light of the full moon streaming in.... I was just wondering what some of your stories are out there?

momof2redhedz

Asked by momof2redhedz at 8:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• It was New Year's Eve 2008 and we had originally gone to a friend's but he insisted on being home before midnight. I was a little irritated because he never wants to stay out and have fun. When we got home we put our pj's on and got into bed to watch the Dick Clark's special. When they started the count down he reached over the side of the bed and popped out with this pink box when they got to "Happy New Year" He told me how much he loved me and all that jazz while I cried and couldn't believe what was happening. Of course New Year's Eve/midnight will always hold that special meaning to me now!
    mamaSomeday

Answer by mamaSomeday at 12:30 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• We were sitting in his truck at night and talking about being together when he popped out the ring. I cried. He said he wanted to do something more special but he just couldnt wait anymore lol.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• He surprised me with a trip... then when we came back to the hotel room after a dinner, the room was filled with rose petals and candles and "our song" was playing
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 8:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• He didn't, I asked him.. I am just that type of person. I go after what I want :) 19 years Jan. and counting...

Love the scene from yours :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• On a tropical beach at night...then to ruin the scene a guard with a huge gun came walking by and told us weren't allowed to be on the beach at night...lol...we didn't know...what a memory
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• We went shopping together for Christmas 12 years ago this Christmas to a town about 150 miles from us and we did it backwards but we went shopping for a ring then later when we were in the motel room he got down on his knees in front of me and said I know we already picked out the ring but will you marry me. Guess what I said? LOL!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• There's this nice dinner cruise boat that sails around the city, we live in pittsburgh- 3 rivers... so he took roses in ahead of time and he gave me the roses while our song played. it was cute
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• He calls me up and asks me if I wanted to go out to dinner. I said yes. He comes over to my apartment and reaches over and grabs my hand and slides the ring on my finger. Then he says "will you marry me?'
    Later he said that he did it that way because he was so nervous and didn't want to get so nervous that he wouldn't ask me
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 9:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• We were just walking around a mall for fun. Walked into a jewelry store, and I was trying rings on for fun. I had one one that I said I loved, he said "do you want it" I looked at him so surprised and he said "you can have it if you marry me" I know not really the moon lit romantic, but it is an awesome memory. The clerk had tears in her eyes.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• He was the DJ at the nite club I worked at. We dated a month, on June 20,1987 he said I could have it anyway I wanted it, so I said Ok I want to get married on my moms birthday. We did 3 days later.June 23, 1987
    Susan532

Answer by Susan532 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2010