bleeding after having baby? adult content

i just had my baby almost 3 weeks ago on the 5th and just recently i noticed an odor to my periode, im also not really bleeding much any more its just brown now but it kind of smells, so is this odor normal or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Health

• well brown blood is old blood and that is more strong smelling than the fresh blood.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It's normal to either bleed heavily or even stop bleeding days after your delivery. I was lucky, when I delivered, it was fast. No stitches, no excess bleeding, nothing. I had a period type blood flow. Very light and only for 3-4 days.
    As far as your brownish blood goes, that doesn't sound normal. You should go to your doctor right away...
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• brownish blood is old blood. It's common after things like having a baby. Monitor the amount you are bleeding (you don't want to have heavy bleeding). Older blood will also contain a stronger odor.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2010