Dec. 2012...the end of the world? what's your take?

i don't know about you but i am soooo sick of hearing about how the world is going to end in Dec. 2012. i think it is a bunch of nonsense just like the whole Y2K freakout! i'm just not convinced, they are always saying "it's the end of the world!" if it's not Y2K or Dec. 2012, then it's something else! i'm sick of it!

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol, yes, it is exactly like Y2K isn't it? i always bring it up in a ominous voice whenever it's warmer/colder than usual, whatever...... 2012 is coming..........the end of the world is approaching.........muhahahaha......... my hubby thinks it's funny anyway :p

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I hear ya!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• The world is not going to end in 2012, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i think it's suppose to happen on Dec. 21, 2012 and i told my DH that on the 22nd, i'm going to sit on my butt all day and laugh at all the people who wasted their time! lol
    nickellmomof2

Comment by nickellmomof2 (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Not gonna happen...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Here's my thing. This is all based on the fact that a Mayan calendar ends on that date. But the Mayans had many different calendars that they used for different things. When those calendars end, they just started over. Why on earth do people think that the Mayans didn't intend this particular calendar to start over as well?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2010