Help. I need an easy sweet potato casserole without pecans.

And it has to have mini marshmallows.

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 8:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My grandfather in law uses cubed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, a little butter and mini marshmallows...its pretty good..well the most requested item at family get togethers =)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 8:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• All I do is bake my potates the night before
    cool in the fridge o/b
    in the morning I slice them thin and layer them in a pan with brown sugar, cinn and a little nutmeg. Bake for about 20-30 min then add the marshmallows on top and allow them to brown.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• gee i never made sweet potato casserole with pecans, so i'll tell you what i do lol. peel, cut up and boil the sweet potatoes until they're fork tender. put in a bowl and mash like you're making mashed potatoes. add butter and milk until they're the consistency of regular mashed potatoes. add salt, cinnamon and 1tsp. vanilla. mix well, then add brown sugar to your liking. taste to make sure it's ok, then add a egg (add 2 if you used a whole lot of potatoes). pour into a greased casserole dish and bake at 350 for about a hour until it sets up. put on the marshmallows on top and put under the broiler for a couple of minutes. do not leave the oven....the marshmallows burn quickly!! lol just keep your eye on them!

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• oh! and butter
    But_Mommie

• i cube sweet potatoes and mix them with cubed/peeled apples, raisens, and walnuts, top with a mixture of melted butter, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Bake till tender then top with marshmellows and let them brown
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I cheat - canned yams - the big can in heavy syrup. Mix with beaters. Beat in 1 (or more!) cup of brown sugar, two or three teaspoons of cinnamon and finally some sugar (until its as sweet as you want). Then bake for 30 min, take it out & pump up the stove to 425 degrees. Then the grand finale - top with minimarshmallows & bake for 3 min and voila!
    cheeseit

Answer by cheeseit at 9:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I cube up sweet potatoes and add canned crushed pineapple, with chunked up butter, and some brown sugar. I can't give you specific measurements, we just wing it in my family. Then I sprinkle some cinnemon and nutmeg on it. Mix it all up and bake. You could add marshmallows, I hate them so I don't use them.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Sweet Potato Pudding
    6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    2/3 cup dark brown sugar
    2/3 cup white sugar
    4 eggs, beaten
    2/3 cup orange juice
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
    Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and mash.
    In a large bowl, combine 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, orange juice and vanilla until smooth. Pour into prepared dish.
    Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes.
    Notes: instead of the sugar and orange juice, I use ½ can of sweetened condensed milk; instead of the vanilla I use a really good dark rum. If you use rum be sure to taste it frequently to make sure that it has not spoiled

Answer by rkoloms at 8:51 AM on Nov. 25, 2010