several crayons got into the dryer with clothes help

my fiance and i do clothes at his mothers house apparentlly when his mom did them there were a couple of crayons in the wash and they got all over the clothes and inside the dryer what can we do to get rid of the crayon on the clothes?

rockabell.2009

Asked by rockabell.2009 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I agree with the other moms, you have to remove the crayon from the clothes, pre-treat with Dawn and wash in hot water with bleach/color safe bleach, before drying check to make sure all the stains are gone, if not repeat, if so make sure the dryer is clean before using again.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I would scrape off as much of the crayon as possible, then use the hottest water you can stand and just keep rinsing them off. Good luck and let me know what works for you!
    yellarose

Answer by yellarose at 9:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Since crayons are basically wax, pretreat with Dawn dish detergent (let it set for at least 15 minutes) and wash in hot water wish some oxi-clean detergent. This is what I did when my daughter accidently got a crayon mixed in a load of clothes. Most of the clothes came out great with the exception of a couple of items.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:08 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I have well water and cannot use oxi-clean. To scrape some of the crayon off of the clothes, you can put them in the freezer, sometimes that helps them come off a bit easier. I use a combo of Zout and Spray & Wash Stain stick. First the stick and then the Zout ( it is a spray on stain remover that works wonders). I would wash in cold water too. Good luck, crayons in the dryer is a bad thing.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 4:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I have no idea, that has to be a real mess! Goodluck!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2010