Great homemade gift for PICKY sister...

I'm trying to think of a great homemade Christmas gift for my sister. She's so hard to shop for because she's very materialistic, and picky. She's 22, and a party girl. I just want to make her something mostly because we're short on money this year. Does anyone have any ideas for something that I could make for her? I'm going to have my daughter make her an ornament, she'll love that because my DD means so much to her. I want to make something that says "I really put a lot of thought and effort into this." Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Gretchen0122

Asked by Gretchen0122 at 2:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Can you sew? If so, check out www.burdastyle.com ! They have some cute patterns for the younger chicks. Maybe you could make her a really cute make-up tote lined with faux fur with lots Swarovski crystals you can buy at Michael's. Or use the same idea for a jewelry box. You could buy some gold or silver wire (really doesn't cost a lot, and won't turn her green) and some pretty glass beads and make a funky necklace or some gorgeous earrings. Google jewelry making with wire for some ideas in that field! Hope I helped, I also have a picky, material girl for a sister! =)

LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 5:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Wow! I can sew, and I'll definitely look into that! That sounds great! Thank you!
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 8:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Make a gift certificate to take her to lunch if you enjoy her company.
    If not, buy some pretty soaps and tucks them in a smal basket with a Mall Gift Certificate.
    seasidegrandma

Answer by seasidegrandma at 7:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• how about a "pamper day" where you and her do each others hair and nails and make up. kinda like a slumber party type thing. it's fairly cheap, especially if you already have the stuff and it's bonding time for you and her.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No problem! I hope you find something she'll love =)
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 5:51 AM on Nov. 6, 2008