Serious question here..........

Im just sayin.. i just read a couple posts in a group and they are about being in the er right now with they kids and im wondering why would you be taking the time to be on your phone posting about being in the er when you have a sick child that needs ur undivided attention? Doesn't it seem stupid to have to tell CM about ur sick child while they are there and needing you? Can't CM wait or are you that addicted? 107 fever and you are texting and tweeting and posting?? WTH?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• You must never have been to the ER. Do you realize the wait times in that place? Even if you get into a room quickly, they take their sweet ass time getting to you. My daughter was in recently needing breathing treatments stronger than the ones I was giving her at home, and she just laid there and watched tv strapped to the mask. Am I to stare at her the whole time? If she's comfortable for the moment and doesn't need me to smother her, what's wrong with me checking my phone? The hospital is a boring place. Of course there were moments she was scared and then I was right at her side.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Because waiting in the ER is boring and takes forever. I have been there for literally the entire day. If you forget a book or other entertainment you're screwed.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• have you ever gone to the er? what is there to do? and if the kid is sick they probably are asleep and just want to be held. so i'm not really sure how you think that requires your 'undivided attention'. my son had a broken arm and we were in there for 5 hours......so all i could do was watch him sleep. i highly doubt that was a requirement for him to get better.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• no kidding!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I understand where you're coming from in this post- if it was a life or death kind of thing I absolutely would agree with you.. but I get the whole "it takes forever and is boring" in there too.. guess it all depends on the kiddos state of being when you're on the phone!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 9:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Your not supposed to be using your phone in there.
    Anonymous

• extremely addicted!

Answer by older at 9:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Some people that come on here have friends who are genuinely concerned and appreciate the updates.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 9:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I have done it before.. but it's not like my child was puking or in SERIOUS pain and I was just sitting on my phone ignoring them. As some previous posters have said seems like every time i'm in the ER my daughter is laying against me and passed out.. so I do something to pass the time.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My son was in the ER at 5 weeks old and when he was falling asleep or the dr. were doing tests that I couldn't be right there I was sending off text updates to family/facebook.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 10:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2010