It's amazing

One of my friends from high school just went through TSA security to board her flight and she didn't have to go through the scanner and didn't get patted down. OMG!!! Can you believe that not everyone has to do either or?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 9:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Amazing indeed!

Answer by older at 9:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• That makes me feel better. I am nervous flying, i don't want me or my girls to be patted down.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think if I fly and have to pick we'll take the pat down.. I really dont want to be radiated and I dont want the kids radiated
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Only 3% of travelers will get the enhanced screening (scanner or pat-down). For the rest of travelers, it's the metal detector as usual.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My experience this last two weeks has been...if you ping the metal detector, your scanned or patted down. If you do not ping the metal detector on your first try, your in. This at LAX, SEA, and PDX.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 9:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• ballewal - I understand this but it seems like some that frequent this section do not, hence why I posted this.
    purpleducky

Comment by purpleducky (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It's just one more way they don't make you safer and manage to waste billions of dollars at the same time
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• So then why does it make you feel so "safe"?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Because it is an extra layer of protection. If you ping the metal detector, you get patted down or go through the scanner apparently. I know last time I flew we didn't have the scanner option but they were brand new then. The scanner is meant to be less time consuming than the pat down. Or should we let people who ping the metal detector to just keep walking to their plane?
    purpleducky

Comment by purpleducky (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2010