What should I do?

I'll try to sum this up. My BIL's wife is an evil shrew and no one can stand her. She makes every holiday and get-together miserable. They always host Thanksgiving at their big fancy house. Last year, she made me dry her dishes and then complained about the way I did it! Anyway, out of respect for my husband's parents, we suffer through this every year. I Facebooked the shrew last week and offered to make a sweet potato casserole with a yummy crumble topping and bring it. She said sure so we bought the stuff, including a bag of pecans, which are expensive! This morning, she sent me a message saying that she's going to make a sweet potato casserole with marshmallows because that's what one of her daughter's likes and she promised her!! So now, do I make the cassserole and take it anyway, even though it probably won't get eaten, or just not take anything and be stuck with the stuff that we bought? Believe me, if we could get out of going without it causing a big ruckus, we would!!

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 9:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• Make it and bring it mama! :0)
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 9:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Make it and bring it. Then make sure you take all leftovers home so you and your family can enjoy them. Also, the next time she complains about your help, inform her you won't helping anymore so she should be happy. The worst that can happen is you won't get invited next year.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Id make it and watch as yours gets eaten more cause yours is more fantasic lol
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 9:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I agree with the others, make yours and I am sure yours will get eaten. My DH loves the ones with marshmallows, but I hate them. I made a sweet potato casserole with a crumble topping and it's freaking fantastic. I have hated sweet potatoes all my life and this dish puts all others I have tried to shame. Yours will be wonderful and even if they don't get eaten you fulfilled your 'obligation' to bring something. What would be even better is if you were helping clean up and she had leftovers of her own dish. You could ask her with a sneer, 'what do you want me to do with these?'

sorry, I'm feeling a little catty today.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Make it and take it anyway. If nobody else eats it, the worse thing that could happen is that you will have to take it back home. How does she make you dry the dishes? I think that I would have to tell her that since she complains about how you dry the dishes every year, that she needs another dishwasher. Or, try the alternate, tell her you're sick.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:59 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• well since u already gave your word u should show up. but if i was in this situation i that would be the last holiday i would be spending at her house and i dont care who gets mad. you pay your own bills so u have a right to choose where u want to spend the holidays. life is too short and u dont need to feel unwelcomed in her big fancy house especially on the holidays.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2010