Happy Starvation Day...............

Had today's political class been in power in 1623, tomorrow's holiday would have been called "Starvation Day" instead of Thanksgiving. Of course, most of us wouldn't be alive to celebrate it.
Read the whole story here:

http://townhall.com/columnists/JohnStossel/2010/11/24/happy_starvation_day

I guess my question is why do you still think socialism would work?

gammie

Asked by gammie at 9:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• For thousands of years if you didn't hunt/grow your own food you did starved...it was suvival of the fittest. Today it is merely survival PROVIDED BY the fittest.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I have never asserted that it would.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Many children in this country are hungry not because their parents are drug addicts but because of the economy, no job or skills to better their lives. YOU may not want to hand out but there are plenty of churches and soup kitchens that reach out to the needy. Too bad your so stuck on your phobias to see it around you.
    -------------------------

I personally don't mind 'giving a hand out'. I just disagree with the fact that the government thinks they have the right to take it from me to give to others. If I had the choice, I'd give to those who are truely down on their luck and I would give it gladly. I dislike the fact that I have to give to the mom down the street that brags she doesn't have to work because she knows how to work the system.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It might be best to grow your own food now. And ,if you have a home on enough land, keep chickens,collect eggs,etc. for yourself that isn't poisoned by growth hormones or pesticides. Those of who don't are out of luck and depend on others. That's life.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think if you need to eat you will grow and work hard for your needs. THAT HAS ALWAYS WORKED.

If you are going hungry in the U.S than you are not seeking help, because there is a lot of "fed the poor" kitchens around.

Now there are kids that go hungry and that is because their parents are druggies, that is bad parenting.
    gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I never did and you're right, it won't...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• The reson the economy is bad is because of the Government. Get the government out of lives, stop over taxing, get people back to work by cutting back unemployment. Everyday someone is saying why should go back to work when I can keep getting Unemployment? Not everyone needs to go to collage to do well! My nieces BF makes around $200k a year by working he's ass off since he was 18-years old. My best friend got pregnant at age of 15 and again 17 by the same guy and he left her with two young boys. She never went to high school. She started to work hard and made it. Bought her own home, cars for sons. The reason they made it, was because they didn't! Wait for hand outs.
    gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 7:26 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• The only way to help the poor is to give them a job.

By the way we have always given to the poor, but never the lazy!
    gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• lol?
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm not saying that it would, but what we have now doesn't seem to work either. I'm not sure what would work, actually.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 10:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2010