is anyone here familier with www.witchschool.com??

SapphireRose85

Asked by SapphireRose85 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sorta, what do you want to know?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• just wondering if that is a good place to learn more about wicca?
    SapphireRose85

Comment by SapphireRose85 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It's a good place to learn about Correllian Nativist Wicca, which is just one of many traditions in Eclectic Wicca. But you will not learn much about many of the different traditions of Wicca.

If you want something a bit more cost effective, pick up "The Witche's Bible" by the Farrars. Good basic info from the Alexandrian Tradition, which is just one step removed from Gardnerian Wicca, with a one time fee which is the cost of purchasing the book.

But if you like what witchschool offers, just know that not all who are Wiccan will agree with all that they teach. You will be learning a tradition within Wicca.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:47 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Umm... Like isabellalecour said Witchschool is a good recourse, but it's not going to give you a broad education. I prefer www.Magickaschool.com as it is not so limited. However, Wicca tends to be a path which you'll do best finding through personal exploration. There are lots of good sites and books out there, and you'll find lots of mixed information because there are many different branches, so it's best to learn to take just about everything with a grain of salt and only believe what YOU feel is right. Don't feel there is ever a right or wrong.

I am not Wiccan, I am Eclectic Pagan, so I have yet to find any one site or book which really encompasses my beliefs & practices, but I pull from a number of sources, Wicca being one of them. I'm running out of room here, but I'll give you a list of some basic sites to check below...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• SabrinaMBowen

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• On top of the sites that have already been listed, there is a forum you can visit where you can find a plethora of information.  I'm a moderator there for the Beginner's Forum as well as the Crystal Ballroom (divination).

Witch.net

_Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have not had any dealing with witch school, but my husband attended for a short time, he gives a good review.

I don't think I could go to 'school' to learn what I believe in, but I guess to each his/her own. Some of us come across a worn path and choose to stick with it, and others like myself pick up our spiritual machetes and cleave our own paths.
    meganbearden

Answer by meganbearden at 7:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Websites can be kinda iffy where it concerns getting a full course of knowledge. Truthfully, your best bet is to read books, whether you borrow them from the library or buy them. Or you could also go to www.witchvox.com which is an EXCELLENT resource for finding other Pagans in your area as well as covens that might be willing to take you on as a student.

If finding a coven isn't an option for you or is just not your druthers, one of my personal favorite books for learning in a structured, traditional manner is Timothy Roderick's book "Wicca: A Year and A Day -- 366 Days of Learning" It gives you a lesson a day for 366 days, which is the traditional amount of time a student spends studying before they are officially initiated into a coven, but with this book you can do it on your own terms as a Solitaire.
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 28, 2010