what is the average age a child looses a tooth? And how long after it is loose does it normally come out?

The reason I am asking is because well my oldest daughter. She has been telling me for weeks her teeth were hurting so I kept checking for a loose tooth (nothing), I then thought maybe she needed to see a dentist. She just turned 5 and a half October 29th. Well today she tells me again her teeth are hurting so I told her daddy we are going to have to take her to the dentist then she told me it was hurting bad so I asked her to come over to me and I checked and sure enough it was loose. Not really loose, but deffinalty loose. I thought that was really young to have a loose tooth? Also she started screaming when we told her it was loose. She said she doesn't want to loose her teeth. I told her it was fine the tooth fairy would bring money. I also told her another tooth would grow back and she asked when lol. I think she is more afraid that she wont be able to eat because she asked me if she can still eat lol.

So my questions I guess are:
1.) what is the average age to loose a tooth?
2.) How long after it becomes loose does it normally fall out and when does another grow back?
3.)I am not even sure of how much to leave?
4.) How to I get her not to be so scared about it? She has been walking around since I told her with her hand over her mouth lol.
5.) what if she wont eat. How do I get her to eat?
6.) how do you leave money under a pillow and take a tooth without the child waking up? My kids wake up as soon as you open the door.
7.) what do I do with the tooth after the tooth fairy (lol) taqkes the tooth?

Sorry so many questions as you can see I am new to this lol.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter is 5 1/2 she has a loose tooth on the bottom. its her first one. My son was about the same age when his became loose. As far as when it will come out, i think it just depends. My son had his top teeth loose for what seemed like a good 6-8 months before they came out. But he doesnt like to wiggle or get them out as soon as possible. The tooth fairy normally leaves $2-$3 for a tooth. If it hurts try to tell her to eat on the other side of her mouth, works for my kids. Maybe get a tooth box and use that rather than under the pillow if she is a light sleeper. I keep my kids teeth in a small box i have hidden. Hope that answers your questions! Good Luck!
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 10:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My son is gong to be seven at the end of Jan. and hasn't lost any of his teeth yet. None of them are even loose. But, he was late getting his teeth in when he was a baby. Most of his friends have already lost 1-2 teeth and he is one of the oldest in the group. So I think 5-7 is the normal age range. I can't really help with any of your other questions, since I don't yet have experience with them. Good Luck!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• ya both my girls started teething at 3-4 months old not sure how old my youngest was when she actually got her first tooth, but my oldest was I think 6 months when it actually came threw
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Nov. 25, 2010