Do your adult kids invite friends over for the Turkey day?

My son's friend is here he is deaf. We love him. My niece is bringing her boyfriend and my daughter is bringing her boyfriend too. So we get a lot of strays and we thing it is fun.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• My kids are now welcome to bring home guests for the holidays, that won't change when they are older. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think once they are about 18 or so, it is ok and it is also a great way to get to know your children's SO. My 18 year old brother is bringing his g/f and then they will go to her house after ( we do thanksgiving lunch, they do dinner lol) Me and my fiance' did the holidays by going to both our parents houses and we were both welcome.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• the more the merrier. I remember bringing friends to my parents house for holiday meals. Love having them over.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I love it! Our 24 yr old is in the Air Force and he's stationed about 3 hors away and he'll be bringing 4 of his buddies home with him. We're expecting them tonight. I love serving dinner to these young men serving in the military that are so far away from home!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• well, we just moved to another state so no
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:24 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• LOL yep they do as adults and yep the did it as kids too! I sometimes never knew who all was on the place until dinner time was yelled...would look in the feed line and be surprised but always happy about it.

cracklinbread

Answer by cracklinbread at 11:59 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• we did it when i was younger so the boys will be for sure able to
    mamatiff06

Answer by mamatiff06 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My daughter brought her BF..but he's almost like family, they have been dating for 5 years already
    Rileyscute

Answer by Rileyscute at 1:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My home has been open to everyone who has no other plans for years, since my ssons were teens. Now that they are adults it still applies and not only are my sons allowed to invite friends but my guests are welcome to bring people with them. The more the merrier :-)
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• we have strays 24/7 .. and love it ... carzy house sometimes but wouldnt change it
    tweetyfan

Answer by tweetyfan at 8:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2010