what is the average age a child looses a tooth? And how long after it is loose does it normally come out?

The reason I am asking is because well my oldest daughter. She has been telling me for weeks her teeth were hurting so I kept checking for a loose tooth (nothing), I then thought maybe she needed to see a dentist. She just turned 5 and a half October 29th. Well today she tells me again her teeth are hurting so I told her daddy we are going to have to take her to the dentist then she told me it was hurting bad so I asked her to come over to me and I checked and sure enough it was loose. Not really loose, but deffinalty loose. I thought that was really young to have a loose tooth? Also she started screaming when we told her it was loose. She said she doesn't want to loose her teeth. I told her it was fine the tooth fairy would bring money. I also told her another tooth would grow back and she asked when lol. I think she is more afraid that she wont be able to eat because she asked me if she can still eat lol.

So my questions I guess are:
1.) what is the average age to loose a tooth?
2.) How long after it becomes loose does it normally fall out and when does another grow back?
3.)I am not even sure of how much to leave?
4.) How to I get her not to be so scared about it? She has been walking around since I told her with her hand over her mouth lol.
5.) what if she wont eat. How do I get her to eat?
6.) how do you leave money under a pillow and take a tooth without the child waking up? My kids wake up as soon as you open the door.
7.) what do I do with the tooth after the tooth fairy (lol) taqkes the tooth?

Sorry so many questions as you can see I am new to this lol.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

•  1.) what is the average age to loose a tooth? around 5 preschool or kindergarden

2.) How long after it becomes loose does it normally fall out and when does another grow back?sometimes a new tooth is pushing old tooth out, so fast sometimes it takes a while

3.)I am not even sure of how much to leave?its up to you we leave more for first tooth. I don't give much two bucks seems fair to me

4.) How to I get her not to be so scared about it?read book about

. 5.when shes hungrey she will or you can offer yogurt soft things

6.) how do you leave money under a pillow and take a tooth without the child waking up?i wait till Im ready for bed by then their passed out if she caughts you hand her bear tell her she dropped it, you were tucking her in ect

. 7.tell her you were tucking her in

raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I ve seen tooth pillow--little pillow with pocket you put tooth in and hang on doorknob
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My dentist said they loose their first tooth around 6 years old. I would just try to calm her as much as possible by reasuring her it doenst hurt and happens to everyone and her friends will be jealous she got the visit from the tooth fairy first. And just psych her up over the tooth fairy part and that it means she is really turning into a big girl. She might get excited to turn her tooth into $$ At her age I would think $5 dollars would be good for the first tooth, and $1 after that. Just tell her the first is always worth the most money to get her more excited and that she can go to the dollar store and buy her own gift afterwards! Sneaking in would be tricky I guess, I'm not sure how to answer that one. You can either trhow the tooth away or save it if you received one of those babies first...kits.
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Click here <----- to learn about teeth. It's a site sponsored by the American Dental Association. It is for kids and grown ups.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Looks like you have some good info. Great questions, IMO.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2010