What would you do (venting)

If you felt you wanted to talk to your husband about a certain topic and he just did not want to hear anything about it and he flew off the handle every time you brought it up but you want to talk about it so bad that you feel you are going to bust and you have questions that will never be answered!

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Well ask yourself why he is flying off the handle? Perhaps emailing him or writing it down would help. Or explain to him that it's important that you talk through this and how much it means to you.
    jessicajacobson

Answer by jessicajacobson at 10:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I guess t just depends, so& i are in the same boat here, i got advice from my brother in law, he sd tht i need to wait for things to cool off then talk about what is bothering me or what i want answered,
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Ask him for an appointment time when he may feel like talking about it. I had to do that with my husband when he was absolutely hating the topic I needed to discuss. Ask him if Friday or whatever would be a good time and tell him to like to discuss it. Let him get prepared so he doesn't feel attacked.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• So you want him to do what you want to do without considering his feelings about it? That's just selfish. Go talk to your pastor or a friend
    Anonymous

• Maybe ask him why he won't discuss it with you, and that you just need to clarify a few things. If it's something you already know the answer to as why he won't talk about it, you just might have to give it a rest until a really good time presents itself. If you don't know the reason, then maybe ask how he'd feel if the shoe was on his foot so to speak, and see how he takes that, maybe that will make him think it over a little more. Good luck.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Ask yourself why it is so important for you to talk about this particular subject. Is it just because you know he doesn't want to talk about it and if you make him talk about it anyway that somehow makes you a bigger person? I think you know the answers already that you are trying to force him to give you. I think it is wrong to keep bringing it up. Just act on the knowledge you do have-and if he asks you about it-just tell him that you gave him the chance to talk about it-he wouldn't so you had to act on what you knew to be the facts that were available to you at the time.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Could you give more info as to what it is your trying to get him to chat about?
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:45 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• i bake till i drop by then he comes to me and we talk ,you need to leave it alone for now
    go slow no yelling or scream but listen to each other hopfully you will find closer on this ,then move on
    this how great marriage works and you now he wants to talk about it but it hurts right know
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 4:37 AM on Nov. 25, 2010