How do you survive being without DH/SO?

I kicked my hubby out of the house because he wasn't sure what he wanted (his family or the other woman) I told him that I was going to give him a week to think what he wants. I feel SO sad and depressed especially because tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I am trying not to think about it but what can I do to get over him? To tell you the truth I don't even know myself if I want him back. Please help!!!!

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd find it easy to get over him if he chose another woman over me
    Anonymous

• I would use Thanksgiving to get thankful that I had the nerve to stand strong an kick the cheater out. Cheating is a deal breaker for me. He would be out for good.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Your letting HIM choose? Be a strong woman and kick him loose. Be confident, teach your children that marriage is something sacred and that your family will not put up with infidelity. Throw his crap out on the lawn and tell him not to let the door hit him in the butt on the way out. You would be happy to accept his child support. He's done. When you say I do, you don't screw around... ever!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Honey you need to look inside yourself and see that you are a perfectly complete person who doesn't need a DH or SO to be happy. It's unrealistic to expect some one else to make us happy. It's not their job. It's up to each of us to find our happiness wherever we may be at any given time in our lives. Look around you at what you have-where you are-how you live. If you want to change anything-it's up to you to do so. If not-Thank God for each and every thing that you have in your life that you want to be there. Once you recognize the blessings you do have-you'll be blessed by what you want to have!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i seperated from mine for a while and that was the happiest time of my life (besides the birth of my children). he is an abuser and i have so many problems with him that it's ridiculous.
    SapphireRose85

Answer by SapphireRose85 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Look at my ID name and it pretty much tells you how I feel. I so admire you for having the guts to get him out after he has shown you such abuse, disrespect and betrayal. Unlike me, you have the chance to regain your self respect, dignity and pride. Now that he's out...no matter what he decides (which by the way, you shouldn't have given him that option) you should not take him back. If he's not sure who he wants to be with then that means he has feelings for the OW and that doesn't just go away. He will keep going to her and she will keep taking him into her bed. He doesn't care about you or your family. Be thankful for having the strength to move on. Keep you eye on the prize and the prize is a better life for you and your. Again, I so very, very much admire your strength and courage.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• many yrs ago my hubby did the same thing but he picked me and not her the trust i once had is gone do i trust not completely ,will he do it again i was not sure at the time,but had to work it out not for me but our kids,so 31yrs later and yes we are still togther and trust he had to earn ,it was long road but i did it,now if it happen again i would say no i would tell him to move on i would not stand by him ,but you need to see inside you if want him back and there will be step that you will have to take but baby steps are okay to take , we here will help you all we can and i know you can do it .you are stronger then you think cry till no more tears to cry get mad how dare he throw his things in the trash then pick your self up and move on and good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 4:30 AM on Nov. 25, 2010