Can someone PLEASE tell me how to make perfect hard boiled eggs?

All I am responsible for at Thanksgiving is deviled eggs.. but I CANNOT BOIL THEM for aanything! It is started to piss me off! Pllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Don't use super fresh eggs. The fresher they are the harder they are to peel. Add a little salt to the water to help also. When they are done put them straight into a bowl of ice water.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Put your eggs in a pan of cold water with dash of salt on med. heat, bring to boil for 20 mins. Done!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• For large eggs, get a stock pot of water boiling vigorously. If you have a drop in basket, all the better, as you can get all of the eggs in and out at the same time. Boil for EXACTLY 14 minutes, then dunk them in an ice bath (you may have to keep adding ice). Let them stay in the ice bath for a good 30 minutes to letthem cool completely.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Also I peel them under cold water as soon as their done, easier to peel
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes to the first answer. I finally made my first batch of PEELABLE hard boiled eggs. I have this hard plastic egg thing that goes in the bottom of the pan - looks like an egg kind of, and it tells you how far in it is cooked. So, I don't use a timer. But yes, have a bowl of ice water ready and lift the boiled eggs out with a slotted spoon.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 11:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Put eggs and water in a pan. Bring them to a boil. From the time they are boiling time it for 15 minutes (keeping the heat high) and then turn it off. Voila!
    Anonymous

• Put eggs in cold water. Heat until the water is a rapid boil. Let it boil about five minutes then put a lid on it and turn the heat off. Let the eggs finish cooking in the water about 20 minutes. Then they are perfect, easy to peel and ready for your deviled eggs

Answer by admckenzie at 11:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• When peeling under cold running water, I just want to add - do NOT let the egg shells go down the garbage disposal!! Egg shells and onion peels wreck your disposal. I found this out the hard way! =( GL on the deviled eggs....send a few my way! lol
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:36 AM on Nov. 25, 2010