It's a Boy For John Travolta Will He Replace His Other Son?

Most likely he won't speaking from a person w/a deceased child. I think the baby will make their Holidays a little easier because their minds will be so busy with the baby, but NO , it will not ever take the place of their deceased son. I hope people don't think that it will and ask them that quston, it will be very hurtful and I wish them lots of happiness and luck. IMO

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Entertainment

• It is not a replacement it is a distraction. You get to put your love into your newest love.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Children aren't replaceable.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Never.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Sorry, but I find this question so distasteful. Children are not replaceable and to suggest they are is just gross. I don't really care if you stated so in the body of your question. YUCK YUCK YUCK! You just should not have posted that in the title.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm gonna have to agree with SleepingBeautee. I would never even had thought of that!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I dont think the poster was saying it- im pretty sure a magazine cover did.. and she was busting them out..
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My extended family knows the Travolta's. They have flown to friends in their personal plane on their landing strip down south Florida ( Travolta's neighbors and John and his family when in town go over for dinner and what have you when they can) I think there will always BE that speculation and assumptions made. It's not right to think it, and Lord knows NO ONE can ever replace a child. Never.
    For all we know, & JQ Public knows, they may have been planning on another child before Jett passed away & his passing put a spanner in the works and they decided to take the time needed to grieve and carry on the best that THEY see fit for THEIR own family whom matter in this. Not US. I know their son will bring as much joy to their lives as Jett had and I pray that Jett watches over his little brother whom like Jett was a gift from God and he now is an angel looking down
    Canadianmom1974's post makes sense
    Anonymous

• Sleepingbeautee: You need to wake up and read my post. If you read it, I was saying I was against any one thinking that and hoped no one said or mentioned that to the Travoltas. I am well aware children are illreplaceabl and DID NOT SAY I thought they were, did you see any where in my post that I thought they were? You obviously didn't comprehend the question, but rather got mad at the question. Unfortunately there are people out there that do think that, and I go to a Support Group where it has been said, and it is very hurtful.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I think the problem is with the interpretation of who 'he' is. You can read the question/title two ways.

It's a Boy For John Travolta Will He(John) Replace His Other Son?

It's a Boy For John Travolta Will He (Benjamin) Replace His Other Son?

Either way the answer is of course not. But the second is less offensive in my opinion. Will the new baby replace the son they lost as opposed to will they replace the son they lost with the new baby. It's a very small difference but it's the difference between choosing to forget their first son and having the new baby take up their time and energy so they can't think of him as much.

And having said that no one and nothing can ever replace the son they lost and to imply that their new son can (and won't be loved just for himself) or that they chose to have him to replace Jet is so wrong, so very, very wrong.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I don't think they CHOSE to have this baby to have in place of Jet, or to replace Jet. Nothing on this GODS green earth will ever replace Jet, it was a question of what you thought of SOME people thinking this !! AND there have been some people who have asked that question of people in my support group so don't think it's NOT DONE. I was just asking a question on this sight for a broader opinion on this sight, not intending in any way that I feel this way. Read the title, I LOST A CHILD, I go to a support group. It is asked, it does hurt. Thank you canadianmom1974 for trying to clarify the subject somewhat.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Nov. 25, 2010