Bad day at work :(

I work in a pharmacy and we're closed tomorrow. I find it amazing how many people wait until the last minute to get there scripts filled, and then get angry because they have to wait 20-30 mins. People can say some of the rudest things, have you experienced similar things, if so, how do you handle it?

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Health

• I had management bugging me today. Its my day off and I had to do my work in a solid 8 hrs no more then that. I was on overload from clocking in this am. Here my shift was manditory and I was so stressed out about getting done with my work in 8. My boss even came out to where I was to do an evaluation of my work. I was NOT in a good mood by the time he showed up, I was basically tired and ready for this day to be over. and I still had about another 2 hours to go. Observe me all you want, watch me all dang day...I didnt say that, but thats what I thought. Im out here doing the best I can. Same with your job, you are just doing the best you can.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I work at a kennel. WE have 77 dogs boarding. It was me and 2 others walking, cleaning and feeding today...and I get to do it agian tomorrow. :0( I understand bad busy work days.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I kill them with kindness you usually get an apology lol
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i just keep smiling .....and cry later .
    mommydown

Answer by mommydown at 11:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• well the best way to handle it is when they are in your face you keep a smile and repeat yourself a zillion time on how your sorry for the incoveniance (forgive the spelling if its wrong) and you can get to it asap ask if they need help with anything else. then when they walk away you go out of site and vent to the first person listening. i have worked in retail for just about 13 years and yes people can be hartless and everything is your fault because they have noone else to blame for their mistake. You have to remember that its just a job and you dont take it home with you.
    AvonMom2010

Answer by AvonMom2010 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm pissed that I will have to go through thanksgiving and the weekend without my prescription for pain because I can't get it filled even one day early and I run out tomorrow morning. Now I will be in severe pain because of insurance bullshit. I'll be lucky if I don't end up in ER because I can't stand straight.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 11:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• OMG Heidi, thats funny you should say that, because I say that all the time, lol I also wear alot of chapstick because I'm kissing ass all day! lol
    Kathy675

Comment by Kathy675 (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Thanks for the reminder Avonmom, somedays are worst than others..
    Kathy675

Comment by Kathy675 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I agree about the Insurance, it is a pain. Their very strict and don't consider the holidays and pharmacies being closed.
    Kathy675

Comment by Kathy675 (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2010