My SIL just passed away...

My SIL passed away in her sleep on Tuesday. She was mother to 7 kids. She home schooled them all and took care of her home. She was active in her church and even helped other people who needed it. She was a Proverbs 31 woman. She was perfect. I miss her so much. She loved kids so much. She surrounded herself with kids cause she loved them.
How do I cope? I havent really lost anybody before. She was more than my SIL. She was my best friend. What do I do now? Who do I turn to when I need advice? I feel so lost now....

(I didn't know what to post this under....)

matthew9_22

Asked by matthew9_22 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry to hear about your loss she sounds like a great woman and I'm sure she had a ticket to heaven. Time heals all wounds be with family and friends good luck and hugs.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I am sooooooo sorry for your loss and for the rest of her family losing such a wonderful daughter, mother, sister and friend!! I have no magic words of wisdom, but I know that the Lord will encompass you and your family with the Holy Spirit to help you through this incredibly difficult time right now! I pray God's arms of strength and comfort surround you all! Keep her love and life alive during the holidays and all days....let her legacy live on to all who love her!! I know many here (CM) will offer you more support than I can give because I haven't been there, I don't really know the pain and loss you're feeling right now - but I offer my prayers and condolences.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Very sorry for your loss
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Condolences on your loss. Many times loss helps us grow. We can use the memories of what they taught us and pass that love on

Answer by admckenzie at 11:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I feel for all of you. When my mom died, it was as if I was walking around this alternate life; it wasn't really me. This didn't really happen and she will come back. Keeping busy helped, like arranging all the funeral stuff. After that, it was a huge hole in my life. I HATED going home. I wanted to change around the whole house when I had to go there. My Dad found comfort in keeping things the same. I gave birth to my DS 1-1/2 months later (he was term). He gave me strength to go on. So, to you, I say, to be strong for her kids and be there for them. You're going to have fits of tears some moments and feel numb for some others. But, I think your greatest strength is your family and friends right now. They will be who you turn to for advice. My thoughts and prayers are with you though I do not know you.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 11:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Oh my heart goes out to you and your whole family right now. :( There are never the right words to say in these situations so I'll just keep you all in my prayers that God ministers to you hearts right now.
    mrs.red08

Answer by mrs.red08 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I am so very sorry for your loss. One thing that helped me when I lost my favorite Grandma and Grandpa was to remember that they are not truly gone, they are alive in my heart and in my memories, and they are with me always. When I feel sad or I miss them, I will stop and remember some of the good times we had and that makes me feel better.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:17 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• The best thing you can do is to remind her children who she was and what she did for them. Tell them stories about things you did with her or even something that she did for them, I'm sure they will cherish these stories. It will take time to get over this. It won't happen over time. Why don't you write a journal for her kids, it will probably help you deal with it and it will give something back to her children in the future. Whether it's funny moment, a good time, etc.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• i know what your going through i lost my both my parents and brothers and grandparents at first it is hard then all memories come flooding in oh yes you will laugh and cry but you will be strong ,i you can talk to her still because she will listen to you no matter what,the tears will flow but they will be happy tears ,god is not punishing us when he takes a love one he showing us there was some one who could handle a great job in heaven and he picked her,you know she would want you to move on and watch her kids ,your brother will need you now more then ever and be there for him and the kids ,share all great time you had they need to hear all funny things she did the more you talk the easyer it is for you say her name and good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 4:07 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I lost my best friend in 2005. It took me two years to get over it. I still think of her daily and I miss her so much. I advise you to seek counseling or talk with your pastor. I tried to deal with everything alone and it didn't work. Be with her children and remember her and how wonderful she was! I know it sounds cliche, but time does heal all wounds. It's been 5 years and I can say I've healed, but I still miss her. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 26, 2010