How do I get my 2 yr old to stay still when changing her getting her dressed etc

Its taking forever to try and change my daughter's diaper. She kicks, moves around, running back and forth in the crib. Its getting so frustrating!!! Right niw me and my DH just leave the room when she decides to be difficult, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. Its the same way when we try and get her dressed We try and distract her. We used our TV remote cause she was obsessed with for quite awhile. Does anyone have any other ideas? When we feed her, she eats a little, then the rest of it gets thrown off her tray and she has quite the little arm! Our dog has never has ate so good! We tell her to stopo she looks at us and does it anyway. If this doesn't stop soon and I will not have any hair left!!!

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I say it sounds like a good time to potty train. Get her some cloth training underwear and plastic bloomers to protect your furniture/carpet. She will be running to you to get those wet pants off of her instead of away from you.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• thats why they call it the terrible twos lol. just make it clear that its not ok. Ignoring the bad behavior and praising the good is pretty much all you can do.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 11:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Sit on her. Not hard obviously but lightly hover over her to keep her still while you diaper and dress her. Works like a charm.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• duct tape? lol jk... if you get it figured out let me know... i just do it while they wiggle...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 12:32 AM on Nov. 25, 2010