How are your relationship w/ friends, families, and etc who had a different political view than yours?

I have one friend who refused to have anything to do with me since I believe in Obama and was for him. How about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• all my friends have different views...we always discuss our views but we never argue or judge each other. Like i like obama and one of my friends dont but we dont let that come between us.
    logansmom87

Answer by logansmom87 at 2:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• well most of us are democrats so no argument there. However we did disagree greatly on prop 8( we are from cali). My sister voted yes and me and other sister no. There was tension but at the end we still don't let it break us apart.
    giovannismom01

Answer by giovannismom01 at 2:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• we don't discuss politics with each other.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 3:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No change in any of my relationships. All my friends are still my friends whether we voted alike or not. And for the record, we do talk politics.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 3:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Believe it or not, my hubby and I have really different opinions when it comes to politics and religion. We just agree to disagree. I don't even think we've ever argued about it, to be honest.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My aunt and uncle voted for McCain and I have friends who voted for McCain...it hasn't affected my relationships with them. We all agree to disagree on certain things. I don't care who anyone votes for and I would hope that people would have enough respect for me to appreciate that I have my own mind and am entitled to vote as I choose.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I am afraid to even talk to my extended family about the election. I am the black sheep and I know they are not happy. But My hubby and I can respectfully disagree.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 4:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Well its known that I support Obama, and being in VA, I would say 90% of my family was for McCain. I will tell you this, I haven't been talking to them as frequently. Hopefully thats over now lol.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Most of my family has different views than me b/c they still hung up on racism and voted for a 'white' man. Since I don't see color, my views are totally different than theirs and not one family choices to talk to me about it cause I will blow them out the water. As for my friends, a grp I'm apart of this board is the most amazing women ever. We respect each others views and we can discuss political views without hurting anyones feelings. I hope America can come together like we do. They know who they are. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!
    Navy_Wife_Tisha

Answer by Navy_Wife_Tisha at 7:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Fine. We know better than to discuss politics if our views are not the same. It's not worth ruining a relationship over. And we all know how heated a political debate can get!
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 8:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2008