mobigo or leapster??

I am trying to decide between the two.. Any advice?? If you have one or the other why do or dont you like it??

KBM99

Asked by KBM99 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Mobigo is great. my dd enjoys hers.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 11:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• We are buying the Mobigo. We looked at reviews and that one had 65+ positive reviews. The Leapster seems to have a bunch of problems with it dying for good right after the 60 day warranty is up.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I only know about Leapster 2 and DIDJ. I think they are great learning tools.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My mom is getting my DD the Mobigo for Christmas. It looked easier to use for the younger kids.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i have 2 original leapsters that I have had for my boys for a number of years now. THey still work great even being dropped and tossed around all over the place. one has a pixelation problem but thats because the screen got stepped on, not from use. I have NEVER had any problems with our leapsters. I know the leapster 2 and the leapster explorer both have an online capability to download and track your progress. Vtech toys don't seem to last very long, the ideas are great but the quality is lacking. Having owned various toys and game systems from them and also from friends experiences vtech just doesn't seem to hold up IMO.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My 4o got the Leapster Explorer for her birthday & she loves it!

We wanted the Explorer because we think she will play with it for longer. Mobigo has a "kiddie" look to it, so when she is 6/7 she may think it is too "baby" for her. As the Explorer wont look to childish i think until she is 9 or so & wanting a DS *sigh*... But who knows maybe im wrong? lol..

I like the pen/stylus on Explorer, since it teachers her how to write (mr. pencil). But unlike alot of parents i like the QWERT of the mobigo (computers are always going to be a strong part of our kids life. might as well get them use to the keyboard now right!?)

I think both are good though. Dont think you can go wrong. :-)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• teaches* .... not teachers, lol!
    HTMommy is right there is alot of online stuff for the Explorer just like the Mobigo.
    Also another great toy i LOVE is the Tag Reader! before dd got her explorer tag was her favorite thing! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• hmmm i bought my ds one last year a leapster and he dosent play with it.. but then again hes not big on electronics,, but i play it and ahvent had any problems with it
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 12:28 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• 2boysmommy.js I'm trying to get my son OFF my iphone!! We have downloaded so many learning apps for him to play.. &&he always plays with them.. He is 2 1/2years old and knows how to unlock and lock my phone(BTW I have a passcode) he knows how to find his apps and start his apps he knows how to switch apps he knows how to ignore a phone call or text.. And I want him OFF my phone!! haha. I thought about getting him an iphone touch off of craigslist or something but I dont want to spend that kind of money and chance him breaking it.. And the mobigo/leapster looks more duable than and ipod touch haha
    KBM99

Comment by KBM99 (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Never tried Mobigo but I love Leapster. I have not had any problems with it.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 2:21 AM on Nov. 25, 2010