How would you feel?

So my roommate/best friend & I discussed our dinner plans for Thanksgiving. She said her ex was going to buy a precooked hen and I said why, I'd just make one because I love baking hens. Anyway, I thought it was settled that I would cook it. So I bought a hen and it's been marinating in spices and broth for 2days now & I go in tonight to check it and turn it so the juices marinate evenly and lo and behold, there's a precooked chicken!!!! Now I'm nt one to get mad easy but it pissed me off. Idk if it just upset me really bad, it's the hormones from this pregnancy or a combination of both. I just couldn't believe they bought it anyway knowing that I was putting all this work into making it. So I ask her if he knew I was making one and she said yeah, he just bought it anyway because they're picky. How am I supposed to take that? It just hurt me because I feel as if my cooking isn't good enough for them, yet a store bought chicken is. I'm a better cook than both of them put together, and I'm not just tooting my own horn. I'm just venting I guess, I'm hurt :( How would you feel in this situation???

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 12:01 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• well would you be the only one eating this hen? If so I would be pissed because of spending the money and my time.But if you have kids or family thats eating too then thats ok.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 12:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• It's just me and my bf and it was supposed to be the 2 of them, so I bought a big one
    Dark-N-Prego

Comment by Dark-N-Prego (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Don't take it personally. Despite the fact that you are pregnant and it's the holidays, everybody gets stressed out and set off easy. Don't let is go to waste though, you still have every right to fix it if you want to, if they don't want to eat it,let it be. Fix yours as you usually do and act like it's not there. Don't worry about fixing it the way they want, let them cook it. Invite a few more people if you want, then it will get eaten. If they prefer store bought, they are just being stupid.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:13 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• i wouldnt offer to help anymore, she shuld have given you the heads up that he was in fact going to buy one that was rude.
    witchymoma

Answer by witchymoma at 12:19 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• They sound like immature troublemakers. Who wants some store bought thing when you can have home cooked? Cook it anyway, then make soup out of the leftovers. The more for you then.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 12:26 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• That was rude of them! Cook yours as planned. It will taste better.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:32 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• You and BF....and you are pregnant...and this checken and hen thing is THAT important?
    If I were pregnant and single, I would have a lot more to worry about than a damn chicken! good lord,woman!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Wow really? No wonder you posted Anonymous. Seriously, grow up and come to the present day when women are "single" and pregnant. Before you post for now on, make sure you spell check! It's people like you who make women like me not want to be a part of this site.
    Dark-N-Prego

Comment by Dark-N-Prego (original poster) at 1:56 AM on Nov. 25, 2010