Strange feeling.... Never experienced in previous pregnancies.

I am 37 wks along and have had some weird feelings off and on through out the day. The best way I know how to describe it is that my entire belly feels the same way that it feels when your foot 'falls asleep' ? (A weird numb/tingly-type feeling) This is my 3rd pregnancy and I never felt anything like this in my 2 previous pregnancies. Has anyone else experienced a feeling like this late in pregnancy or heard of it?

gmb1986

Asked by gmb1986 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wonder if maybe the baby is pressing on the nerve that serves your abdomen? It's worth mentioning to your midwife/doctor. It could be that all of the pressure is pinching it off just right. I doubt it's anything to worry too much about, but I would ask at your next appt.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• musicpisces took the words out of my mouth.. Thats the only thing I could come up with as well. I am sure thats a pretty strange feeling! Good luck =)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• if i were you i would call a advise nurse or page ur doctor just to see if they think you should be checked out
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:30 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• It is definitely a weird feeling! When I was checked earlier this week my doctor said the baby's head was down but tilted into my tailbone, which explains the sleepless nights and back pain. That could possibly be causing him to hit a nerve? Didn't think of that but makes sense! :)Thanks!
    gmb1986

Comment by gmb1986 (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I never call anymore... lol. After being told 3 times (regarding my pregnancy or something to do with one of my other kids)that "if I feel I should, then go ahead and come in" and "We're really not comfortable giving medical advice over the phone.", I just decided if I feel the need I will go and if not, I will just bring it up at my next appt.
    gmb1986

Comment by gmb1986 (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• There was on spot on my belly that got tingly sometimes with my last son. But it was just a little spot. I think that it is also nerves. Just bring it up at your next appointment.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 4:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Lol, I posted almost this same question. Im 30 weeks and hav e this also.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 12:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2010