what age can I start my 15 month old on a training bike and skate's

what age do you try to teach a baby to ride a bike or skate

SillyMom888

Asked by SillyMom888 at 3:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Uhm, I have a three year old that is now grasping the tricycle. My 22 month old uses her feet to scoot around on ride on car toys. 15 months just seems mighty young to me- but if thier showing interest I guess. Other then that I am unsure.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 5:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I wouldn't dare try a bike or skates. Maybe introduce a tricycle, but the others I don't think are appropriate for a 15 month old. I don't think you could even find skates for a 15 month old..lol and there is a reason for that. I would save the skates until the ages of 5-6. That's when my nephew mastered skates and he is pretty good at it. However, my son just doesn't care for it.
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My son is 15 mo and is no where near ready!! If yours has the coordination to peddle, try a tricycle or one of those plastic bikes with the wide wheels. No way would I try skates!! They haven't even mastered walking, completely! I think I got my older ones the Fisher Price inline skates at about 3. The ones where the wheels pop to the side to make them more sturdy.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My oldest was two when he got his first bike with training wheels. The summer he turned 3 he was able to ride without training wheels. Now on the other hand, my next child was 4 before she had enough strength and coordination to ride her bike WITH training wheels, and by the end of the summer, she was almost 5 we were able to take her training wheels off.
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 10:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• they-have-tricycles-for-18months...we-are-getting-oe-then----they-are-wider-then-normal-trics
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2008